In this episode, I continue my discussion with Jessica Mockett, founder of Safe Haven Holistic Recovery, about how to prevent child sexual abuse and also respond to children who have experienced the trauma of sexual abuse. In this episode, we discuss:
- How sexual abuse impacts children physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc.
- How parents can best respond if a child discloses sexual abuse.
- Why immediately asking questions to children who disclose abuse isn't helpful.
- How parents and adults can prepare themselves to respond to a child's report of sexual abuse.
- Why a multi-faceted holistic approach is important for long-term healing of sexual abuse
- The need to respond immediately and get treatment and support to children who have been abused.
Guide to help children through sexual trauma
Heart of the Matter Documentary - Directed by Jessica Mockett
Jessica Mockett is the founder and executive director of the non-profit Safe Haven Holistic Recovery. She is passionate about helping women, children, families find healing from trauma and helping them discover how to be connected to God afterward and live joyful, healthy, fulfilling lives. She is interested in alternative health, and is a licensed Emotion Code and Body Code practitioner – helping her clients through releasing negative energy and mentoring them in ways to change former beliefs and habits that are holding them back. She graduated from Brigham Young University and currently lives in Layton, UT. She is also involved in animal rescue and foster at risk animals and adopt them out to safe homes.
Have you broken your partner's trust and want a structured process to help you repair it? Get instant access to my 12-week online Trust Building Bootcamp and begin repairing your marriage. Illuminate listeners can get 30% off the price of the course by visiting www.trustbuildingacademy.com/bootcamp and entering coupon code ILLUMINATE at checkout.
The Illuminate Podcast is hosted by Geoff Steurer, MS, LMFT and founder of LifeStar of St. George, Utah, a treatment program for couples healing from the impact of pornography and sexual addiction. Learn more at www.lifestarstgeorge.com
Please donate to support the Illuminate Podcast: anchor.fm/illuminate-podcast/support
Geoff has also created audio and video courses to help support individuals and couples in marriage, addiction, and betrayal trauma recovery at www.geoffsteurer.com/store