Guest appearance: Reach 10 podcast - Why don't relapses mean someone is starting over in recovery with Geoff Steurer - Episode 53Jan 06, 2021
Slip-ups happen when someone views pornography even though they are trying to quit. That comes with a lot of different emotions, from shame to discouragement. Geoff Steurer, a marriage and family therapist, talks with Creed and Crishelle on how people can learn from relapse and use it to become stronger. Relapse is a part of recovery, and even part of everyone’s life.
In this episode:
- Talk about shame so that you can learn from relapses.
- Ease up on the judgement on yourself.
- Stand up to the bully in your head.
- Talk with someone you trust who can help you see the facts.
- Be compassionate about the pain your partner is going through.
- Have a support system outside of your partner.
Head over to Reach 10: https://reach10.org/why-dont-relapses-mean-youre-starting-over-geoff-steurer/
FREE: 3 Steps to End Your Marriage Argument
Download my free PDF guide and start making real progress to healing
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.