From Crisis to Connection: Mari Lee - Using mindfulness to treat addiction and trauma - Episode 41Oct 01, 2019
I interview Mari Lee, LMFT, CSAT-S, CPTT-S, CMBAT-S on the topic of how mindfulness can help improve outcomes when treating pornography/sexual addiction and betrayal trauma. In this episode, we discuss:
- How she discovered the power of mindfulness in her personal life and professional practice.
- The definition of mindfulness
- Why mindfulness is an important piece for healing trauma and addictions
- What she noticed changing in her clients when she began incorporating mindfulness work in to their treatment
- How betrayed partners can benefit from a mindfulness based therapy plan
- How addicts can benefit from working with a therapist who weaves in mindful approaches in to the recovery work
- Why she believes therapists working in this specialization would benefit from training in mindfulness based therapy
Mari A. Lee is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and Supervisor, a Certified Partners Trauma Therapist and Supervisor, a Certified Mindfulness Based Addiction Therapist and Supervisor, and the founder of Growth Counseling Services, a private recovery practice located in Glendora, California. Mari is recognized for her clinical work with sex addicts, traumatically betrayed spouses, and couples healing from infidelity.
Additionally, Mari is a trusted coach with 30 years of business experience. She is the founder of, "The Counselor’s Coach" and provides coaching and consulting, clinical materials, and dedicated support to therapists across the U.S. and around the world. Mari's specialized coaching is focused on helping therapists create and launch multiple income streams beyond the one-on-one clinical hour.
Mari is also a popular national speaker and presents across the country on the topic of sex and love addiction and betrayal trauma. She is the co-author of the bestselling book, “Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts”, and she is the author of, “Healing Betrayal”, and “The Creative Clinician”, and a contributing author to “Behavioral Addictions: Criteria, Evidence and Treatment.” Her next book, “The Gift in the Wound: Stories of Resiliency and Hope” will be out in 2020.
To learn more about Mari’s clinical work visit: www.GrowthCounselingServices.com
To schedule coaching session with Mari visit: www.TheCounselorsCoach.com
I have created audio and video courses to help support individuals and couples in marriage, addiction, and betrayal trauma recovery at www.geoffsteurer.com/store
FREE: 3 Steps to End Your Marriage Argument
Download my free PDF guide and start making real progress to healing
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.